At WENTWORTH. we provide a full range of supports for business start-ups. If you have a business idea or you are thinking of going in to business contact use for a consultation. We can advise you on the following;
• Sole trader versus limited company
• Choosing the business structure which is right for you
• Reliefs and incentives for Entrepreneurs
Other related services:
Some of the start-up reliefs which are currently in place include the following:
Budget 2014 introduced a CGT relief for Entrepreneurs. The relief is aimed at encouraging Entrepreneurs to invest and re-invest in assets used in new productive trading activities or a new trading company.
The revised relief is affective since January 1st 2016. It provides a reduced rate of CGT on the disposal of business assets since January 1st 2016. This includes the part disposal for those who own at least 5% ordinary shares. You must have owned the business asset for a continuous period of three years before the disposal of the asset.
- The CGT reduction received by a persons who disposed of qualifying business assets between January 1st 2016 and December 31st 2016 is 20% CGT.
- The CGT reduction received by a persons who disposed of qualifying business assets after January 1st 2017 is 10% CGT.
Start-up Refunds for Entrepreneurs (SURE)
SURE is a tax relief incentive scheme. Owners of new start-up companies may be entitled to an income tax refund of up to 41% of the capital that they invest under SURE. Depending on the size of the investment individuals may be entitled to a refund of income tax paid over the 6 years prior to the year in which the investment is made.