WENTWORTH is a dynamic and innovative accountancy practice, specialising in audit, accountancy, tax, corporate finance and advisory services. We service a diverse client portfolio comprising of entrepreneurial and growth orientated owner-managed businesses which operate domestically and internationally, and the individuals behind them.
Our staff are one of our most valued assets. We focus on supporting, nurturing and developing our staff so they can reach their full potential and, become key components in the practice’s supply chain and delivery of exceptional service to our clients.
If you are enthusiastic, confident, self-starting and interested in joining a top accountancy practice with strong career advancement prospects, we would be delighted to hear from you.
• Senior Manager
• Qualified Accountant
• Part-qualified Accountant
Graduate Trainee Program (positions with commencement dates in 2023 are now open)
Senior Manager – Job Specification
Due to continued growth and expansion we are actively seeking suitable applicants for a Senior Manager position within WENTWORTH. This position reports to Partner level and will have direct responsibility for a client portfolio.
- Communicate with clients in relation to scheduling of audits and accounts preparation.
- Achieve team and individual budgets and business plan/ performance objectives.
- Manage project financials, including budgets, WIPS, timely billing and collection and variance recognition.
- Maintain the highest technical and professional standard.
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks.
- Addresses situation before they become a crisis and develops solutions to avoid recurrence.
- Participate in the development of ways to meet client needs.
- Identifying ways to maximise the relationship with clients and deliver added value.
- Monitor and control auditing/accounts staff.
- Coach, train and develop auditing/accounts staff to upgrade their knowledge.
- Professional accounting qualification ACA or equivalent and a Bachelor degree/Master degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Taxation qualification and/or experience desirable.
- 5+ years of audit experience.
- 2+ years in a management role.
- Team player with strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills.
- Ability to lead a team and deliver results.
- Salary negotiable depending on experience.
Graduate – Trainee Accountant
We are actively looking for TRAINEE GRADUATE ACCOUNTANTS, who are interested in pursuing a accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA) to join our experienced team on a 3.5 year training contract.
We are an Approved ACA Training firm and Gold Approved Employer for ACCA. The successful candidates will gain a vast experience in a range of services and are supported by management and their peers throughout their learning journeys.
We are recruiting for start dates in mid-September 2023.
- Assist with preparation of financial statements under GAAP & IFRS
- Assisting with the execution of statutory audits including carrying out audit testing, stock taking and completion of audit programs
- Participation in the provision of other accountancy, company secretarial, taxation and advisory services
- Bookkeeping duties
- Filing VAT / RCT / PAYE returns
- Processing payrolls
- Processing of clients’ records
- Processing of bank payments and receipts
- Liaison with clients on account issues and queries
- Preparation of iXBRL tagged accounts for submission to the Revenue Commissioners
- Opportunity to work in our specialist areas which include taxation and corporate financeOther ad hoc duties as required by management
This is a brilliant chance to gain experience in audit, taxation and advisory services and to enhance your skill set, through working with an experienced Senior management team. Excellent career progression and promotion opportunities for the right candidate.
- A third level qualification in accountancy or a business related discipline
- Looking to pursue ACA, ACCA or CPA
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
- Willingness to learn and grow professionally
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, confident and self-starting individual
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong analytical skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Show a keen interest in pursuing a career in practice
- Good team working skills and show flexibility when faced with new challenges
Benefits: Study leave package and exam and tuition fees paid
We are looking for people who demonstrate enthusiasm, ambition and excellent team-work skills to join us and help shape our future, as we will help to shape their future.
You can also post your CV to WENTWORTH, 1E North Valley Business Centre, Mallow Road, Cork, T23 KC67.